Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Dimensional Rose Birthday

Hi Crafters -

I have borrowed this Stampendous Rose stamp from my friend Peggy so many times. I just love coloring it and it seemed to be a perfect choice for her birthday. I colored it three times, and cut interior portions of the colored rose twice to pop up on top of each other for some dimension. There is the base layer, and the second layer which starts at the second line of petals from the outer petals and leaves. The 3 layer is the bud in the center of the rose.  The sentiment is from Mama Elephant.





Thanks so much for stopping by!

7 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

I can see why you like it so much Cat, it's stunning! And you have coloured it so beautifully! What a lovely idea to make a card with it, for your friend, who has loaned it to you! LOVE that you have cut layers to give it dimension too! Very creative my friend! Have a lovely day! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--a stunner, Cat! What a wonderful idea to do the layering, even though it meant doing the fussy cutting! Peggy will so love it!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Oh wow, this is a pretty stamp, but your coloring is so amazing. The depth is very clear! The sentiment you picked is perfect, what a lovely card for your friend!

Betty said...

so beautiful, Cat - fantastic coloring and the layering is so effective!!

Jean said...

So luscious! Perfect coloring.

Anita in France said...

Striking and so lovely, Cat ... your friend Peggy will love this richly coloured, beautifully dimensional rose! Hugs, Anita :)

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Cat! Beautiful coloring and I love how you layered the petals on the rose...Peggy is definitely going to love it, too!